Contrasting Bhastrikā & Kapālabhāti Prāṇāyāma
Workshop with Sadhiv Girija
Breathe the living breath of fire! Experience an in-person workshop on Himalayan cleansing breathing techniques. Learn how to properly practice and differentiate the pranayama techniques of Kapālabhāti and Bhastrikā along with Agnisāra-dhauti and integrate them into your daily routine. These powerful techniques are energizing, purifying, revitalizing, and cleansing.
Selection of the topics and techniques that will be covered:
– Brief review of Ujjāyī breathing from the core
– Alternate nostril breathing for nāḍī cleansing
– Review of sitting postures (āsana) for prāṇāyāma
– Kapālabhāti pranayama vinyāsa
– Bhastrikā pranayama vinyāsa
– Agnisāra-dhauti (time permitting)
– Guidance about when to practice specific pranayama (breathing), and how to integrate these techniques into a daily routine
This workshop will be taught by nun, yogin, and pranayama expert Sadhvi Girija. She reveals to us rare prāṇāyāma and yoga-vinyāsa-krama techniques from the Himalayan siddha tradition which she directly learnt under the guidance of Himalayana siddha monk, His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda.