The practice outlined below is intended for those who are able to manage time reasonably well and without anxiety, feeling the momentum of persistence.
Kriyayoga Meditation - Intermediate (1st-Kriya)
Sahaja-karma (no linking of prāṇa between each chakra-disc (cd) along the spinal tube)
- Locate and feel each cd up and down the tube at least once
- 20 second transit along the tube twice
- 20 seconds per cd along the tube twice
Prāṇa-karma (all traces along the spinal tube link the prāṇa between each cd)
- MM 2-3 (only 1 or 2 by women who have an active monthly moon cycle)
- TK 50-100
- MP 1 set minimum
- KP3 3 sets minimum
- SK thrice
- NK ½ set (6 times)
- YM ¼ set (3 times)
- SM 10 minutes
- MM balance of 3-12 (restriction for women who have an active monthly moon cycle)
This summary is not intended to replace learning kriyayoga meditation techniques directly from His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. Attempting to practice without direct guidance from an authentic lineage-based meditation master or an ordained well-practised teacher is thoroughly discouraged. This summary is intended for knowledge and understanding of the tradition for those who wish to learn more about the meditation practice before taking formal initiation.
Sanskrit Technique Key
The following abbreviations are used in the practice outlines (beginner, intermediate, consistent, advanced).