The practice outlined below is intended for fresh initiates or those restarting the practice after a lapse.
Kriyayoga Meditation - Beginner (1st-Kriya)
Sahaja-karma (no linking of prāṇa between each chakra-disc (cd) along the spinal tube)
- Locate and feel each cd up and down the tube – thrice
- 20 second transit along the tube – thrice
- 20 seconds per cd along the tube – thrice
Prāṇa-karma (all traces along the spinal tube link the prāṇa between each cd)
- MM 2-3 (only 1 or 2 by women who have an active monthly moon cycle)
- TK 50 minimum
- MP 1 set minimum
- KP3 3 sets minimum
- SK twice minimum (10 subtle breaths per trace)
- NK ¼ set (3 times)
- YM ¼ set (3 times)
- MM balance of 3-6 (restriction for women who have an active monthly moon cycle)
This summary is not intended to replace learning kriyayoga meditation techniques directly from His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. Attempting to practice without direct guidance from an authentic lineage-based meditation master or an ordained well-practised teacher is thoroughly discouraged. This summary is intended for knowledge and understanding of the tradition for those who wish to learn more about the meditation practice before taking formal initiation.
Sanskrit Technique Key
The following abbreviations are used in the practice outlines (beginner, intermediate, consistent, advanced).