Himalayan Yoga Techniques & Vedanta LessonsRegister
Saturday, 11th November 9:00am – 6:30pm
Sunday, 12th November 9:00am – 1:30pm
*On Saturday we will have a 1.5 hour lunch break. Lunch is not provided, but vegetarian food is available at nearby eateries. In addition to the lunch break, two short breaks will be offered on Saturday. One short break will be offered on Sunday.
Student – email email@example.com if you are a full-time student with valid ID to receive an additional 10% discount
Senior Citizen – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are 65+ to receive an additional 10% discount
Join us for a life-enriching opportunity to learn from a highly realized Himalayan monk and meditation adept, His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. The three-session workshop will feature a Yoga-Vedanta framework of wisdom teachings and mindfulness practices.
Esoteric Himalayan yoga secrets on vitality and rejuvenation will be taught, including techniques that are based on the use of primordial sound, early morning sungazing as well as gazing on an un-flickering lamp, and prāṇāyāma breathing techniques (sound, light and breath). The breathing techniques taught will feature both the classical breathwork of Patañjali Yogasutra and the Himalayan prānic breathing of the nāth yogis.
Vedanta lessons will cover the foundational approach to developing intuitional insight and reasoning, in order to further fortify the take home message of the workshop:
Vichāra – Rational deliberation to bring about right action and value-added conduct
Viveka – Discriminative understanding between what is eternal and what is ephemeral or transitory
Vairāgya – Dispassion that fortifies consistent spiritual practice and is not an antithesis to spirited service
This three-session workshop is designed to give participants a framework for mindful living by anchoring in mindfulness and embracing a meditation practice, and learning the tools for value-added decision making.
The Saturday morning session will begin with traditional teachings of mindfulness and prāṇāyāma breathing techniques, directly from the Patañjali Yogasutra. Following the lunch break, the afternoon session will focus on the wisdom teachings from Vedanta philosophy. The final session on Sunday morning will focus on Himalayan prāṇāyāma techniques.
Saturday 1st session will include:
– Prāṇāyāma breathing as per the Patañjali Yogasutra
– Shoulder stretch vinyāsa of Himalayan Tāl̥āsana yoga pose
– Spinal energization yoga-vinyāsa using the Himalayan mountain pose
– Synchronized breathing and energization with Oṃ at 432Hz
– Open eye meditation on Oṃ at 432Hz while gazing at a lamp
– Neuromuscular relaxation and meditation on Oṃ at 528Hz
– Mindfulness breathing synchronized with So-haṃ chanting
Saturday 2nd session will include:
– Listening to the heart-beat rhythm with Oṃ at 108Hz, 118Hz, 128Hz
– Vedanta wisdom on Vichāra (Rational deliberation to bring about right action)
– Vedanta wisdom on Viveka (Discriminative understanding between consciousness and matter)
– Vedanta wisdom on Vairāgya (Dispassion that fortifies consistent spiritual practice)
– Bending stretch vinyāsa of Himalayan Tāl̥āsana yoga pose
Sunday morning 3rd session will include:
– Himalayan prāṇāyāma techniques using internal locks (aświni mudra, mūla-bandha)
– Squatting stretch vinyāsa of Himalayan Tāl̥āsana yoga pose
– Himalayan brain alertness breathing technique (mūrcha prāṇāyāma)
– How to sing, chant and listen to the Oṃ
– Breathing to cleanse energy channels
– Balancing breath of fire for improving digestion (agnisāra dhauti)
– Breathwork to harness the kundalini life-energy
Prior experience with ujjāyi breathing, known as the “breath of victory”, is very helpful, however this internal breathing technique will also be briefly reviewed during the workshop. If you are unfamiliar with ujjāyi, we strongly urge you to learn this breathing technique ahead of the workshop by watching a three-part video series on our multimedia website. The videos are typically available as part of our subscription content or to rent/buy, however, they are now available free of cost. To watch this free video series on ujjāyi click here and scroll down to see the three individual videos – click on the first video to begin playing.
The supplementary workshop course material, Lifeforce + Lifestyle – Workbook, will be available at the workshop for a 20% discount. This 200-page workbook is a manual that inspires seekers to lead a balanced lifestyle by restoring wellness and enhancing vitality. Wisdom teachings are presented herein to illustrate the flow of life energy – integrating breathwork, drinkables and edibles that end with wholesome recipes – a must-read for anyone interested in Ayurveda, mindfulness, yoga and meditation.
Please note that some of the breathing techniques taught in this workshop are not suitable for those with hypertension (high blood pressure) or persistent migraine headaches. If you have either of these conditions please consult with your personal physician before planning to attend. During the workshop prānāyāma techniques which are not appropriate for those with hypertension will be noted by the Teacher so that you may abstain from practicing them. Children under the age of 18 years may be allowed to attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Attendance by those under the age of 18 must be pre-approved. Please write to us to inquire.
Donations to the Nonprofit are much appreciated.
For further information please contact:
020 8123 3435