*A delicious Ayurvedic lunch (gluten-free and vegetarian) will be served on Saturday and is included in the registration fee and will be served during a 1.5 hour lunch break.
Full-time students with a valid ID may email us to inquire about registering at the discounted student rate.
Join us for a life-enriching opportunity to learn esoteric Himalayan secrets on vitality, rejuvenation and mindful living. This three-session workshop is designed to give students a framework for leading a holistic lifestyle rooted in meditation, mindfulness and wellbeing. The Saturday morning session will begin with a traditional samāpatti practice of meditation and prānāyāma breathing techniques, directly from the Patanjali Yogasutra. Following the lunch break, the afternoon session will focus on wellness routines and traditional lifestyle guidelines from the classical Sanskrit texts of Ayurveda and Atharvaveda. The final session on Sunday morning will focus on Himalayan prānāyāma techniques.
Saturday 1st session will include:
– Prāṇāyāma breathing as per the Patañjali Yogasutra
– Affirmations that form Himalayan mindfulness practices
– Open eye meditation on Oṃ at 432Hz while gazing at a lamp
– Synchronized breathing and energization with Oṃ at 432Hz
– Neuro-muscular relaxation and meditation on Oṃ at 528Hz
– Mindfulness breathing synchronized with So-haṃ chanting
– Spinal energization yoga-vinyāsa using the mountain pose
Saturday 2nd session will include:
– Understanding the entangled beings – guts and brain
– Ayurvedic food guidelines for wellness and wellbeing
– Principles of prāna, nādi, agni and soma
– Understanding your body constitution
– Introduction to soli-lunar diet
– Protein source for meditators
– How gut feeling is brain clarity – a synopsis
Sunday morning 3rd session will include:
– Himalayan prāṇāyāma techniques using internal locks
– How to sing, chant and listen to the Oṃ
– Breathing to cleanse energy channels
– Unique brain alertness breathing technique
– Balancing breath of fire for improving digestion
– Breathwork to harness the kundalini life-energy
Prior experience with ujjāyi breathing, known as the “breath of victory”, is very helpful, however this internal breathing technique will also be briefly reviewed during the workshop. If you are unfamiliar with ujjāyi, we strongly urge you to learn this breathing technique ahead of the workshop by watching a three-part video series on our multimedia website.The videos are typically available as part of our subscription content or to rent/buy, however, they are now available free of cost through mid-June. To watch the video series click here and scroll down to see the three individual videos – click on the first video to begin playing.
The supplementary workshop course material, Lifeforce + Lifestyle – Workbook, will be available at the workshop for a 20% discount. This 200-page workbook is a manual that inspires seekers to lead a balanced lifestyle by restoring wellness and enhancing vitality. Wisdom teachings are presented herein to illustrate the flow of life energy – integrating breathwork, drinkables and edibles that end with wholesome recipes – a must-read for anyone interested in Ayurveda, mindfulness, yoga and meditation.
Please note that some of the breathing techniques taught in this workshop are not suitable for those with hypertension (high blood pressure) or persistent migraine headaches. If you have either of these conditions please consult with your personal physician before planning to attend. During the workshop prānāyāma techniques which are not appropriate for those with hypertension will be noted by the Teacher so that you may abstain from practicing them. Children under the age of 18 years may be allowed to attend if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Attendance by those under the age of 18 must be pre-approved. Please write to us to inquire.