Contrasting Bhastrikā & Kapālabhāti Prāṇāyāma
Workshop with Sadhiv Girija
Breathe the living breath of fire! Experience this workshop on Himalayan cleansing breathing techniques via livestream. Learn how to properly practice and differentiate the pranayama techniques of Kapālabhāti and Bhastrikā along with Agnisāra-dhauti and integrate them into your daily routine. These powerful techniques are energizing, purifying, revitalizing, and cleansing.
Selection of the topics and techniques that will be covered:
– Brief review of Ujjāyī breathing from the core
– Alternate nostril breathing for nāḍī cleansing
– Review of sitting postures (āsana) for prāṇāyāma
– Kapālabhāti pranayama vinyāsa
– Bhastrikā pranayama vinyāsa
– Agnisāra-dhauti (time permitting)
– Guidance about when to practice specific pranayama (breathing), and how to integrate these techniques into a daily routine
This workshop will be taught by nun, yogin, and pranayama expert Sadhvi Girija. She reveals to us rare prāṇāyāma and yoga-vinyāsa-krama techniques from the Himalayan siddha tradition which she directly learnt under the guidance of Himalayana siddha monk, His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda.