Moral Strength from Spiritual Living
Lessons on self-empowerment
with His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda
Join the Hansavedas Sangha online for our annual retreat centred on the auspicious full moon day of Guru Purnimā, which is celebrated as the birthday of Sage Vyasa Rishi. Prepare for a blissful experience with sublime chanting, celestial music, words of wisdom, and immensely powerful Guru Purnimā blessings by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda on behalf of his spiritual lineages. Embrace the full moon energy and imbibe the energy of this divine fellowship.You and your family can share in a loving experience and connect with our meditation and mindfulness community to nurture your spiritual yearning. Salient features of the Online Retreat include:
– Guru Purnimā darshan & blessing
– Classical musical performance by renowned maestros, Jayanthi Kumaresh (vina/stringed-lute) & Kumaresh Rajagopalan (violin) joining from India
– Lessons on self-empowerment from Bhagavad dharma by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
– Ecstatic devotional singing by renowned singers, Dr. Sangita Gosain and Dyuti Chakraborty joining from India
– Guided meditation with Swami Vidyadhishananda streamed on Saturday morning and also available on the webpage through the weekend
– Guided prānāyāma practice and how to breathe for mental steadiness with Swami Vidyadhishananda
– Guided Yoga-vinyāsa with Sister Girija
– Temple altar sacrament from India that will be mailed to your home
– Presentations by devotees and singers
The annual celebration of Guru Purnimā is an immensely rich Vedic tradition to honour the lineages of teachers. This gathering is a time-honoured traditional fellowship where devotees make offerings (such as love donation) from their hearts and the choicest blessings are bestowed by the lineage of spiritual masters.Each participant will receive a special Temple Altar sacrament from His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. We will mail sacraments to the address listed on your registration. Sacraments will be mailed after Guru Purnimā (to make sure prayers are completed) and should be received by mail within 2 weeks.
Honouring His Holiness Swami Sharadananda
We had planned to hold the memorial to honour the life of His Holiness Swami Sharadananda Giri during this Guru Purnimā weekend, but we are postponing our formal memorial until August 2021. HH Swami Sharadananda closed his earthly life on 29th June 2021. We will share details about memorial at a later date.
Program Schedule (US Pacific Time - PDT)
Friday, 23rd July – Guru Purnimā – Hosted on Zoom
Opening Ceremony, Devotional Chanting & Guru Vandana Singing followed by Guru Purnimā blessings to individual families over Zoom (offered at two times to accommodate different time zones)
10:45 am – 2:00 pm – Session A
5:45 pm – 9:00 pm – Session B
*Participants will choose one session to attend based on their time zone. Attendance is allowed at only one session. During the registration process you will have the opportunity to reserve the session you plan to attend. To make changes after registration please send an email to [email protected]
Saturday, 24th July – Livestream Hosted on our Guru Purnimā webpage
9:30 am – 10:45 am – Guided Meditation with HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Chanting, Singing, Music, Instruction and Guided prānāyāma practice with Swami Vidyadhishananda
Sunday, 25th July – Livestream Hosted on our Guru Purnimā webpage
9:30 am – 10:45 am – Yogavinyāsa with Sadhvi Girija
11:00 am – 2:00 pm – Chanting, Singing, Music, Presentation by Nonprofit’s volunteer Board of Directors, and Discourse by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda.
Children & Teens
We encourage and welcome your children to attend. Some of the discourse sessions may be difficult for young children, while other sessions will be appropriate for all ages. Refer to the schedule for details. Registration is per family residing in the same residence as a single household so all members in your immediate household may attend (including visiting parents).
Blessing Line Hosted on Zoom - Friday, 23rd July
On Friday, 23rd July we will be holding a virtual blessing line with His Holiness via two-way video on Zoom. Participants can sign up for either Session A at 11am US PDT or Session B at 6pm US PDT. Each session is identical, thus providing two options to accommodate devotees in different time zones. During the registration process you will have the opportunity to sign up for the session that best suits your time zone and geographic location. Kindly select either Session A or B so that every seeker may be accommodated. To make changes after registration please send an email to [email protected]
Registrants will gain access to the Blessing Line on Zoom through their Eventbrite account page. There will be limited support for technical issues logging in if you wait until the last minute to register.
Registrants are encouraged to log in to the Blessing Line 15 minutes ahead of their Session time to listen to sublime music while we support those who encounter issues logging in.
All participants are required to join with their video turned on in order to receive blessings from His Holiness, unless there is a technical difficulty that has been communicated to staff in advance. Remember to test your webcam or camera settings before joining. We strongly urge your video presence as per our format, as His Holiness will be calling the name of the family upon seeing each participant on video.
When registering, your will be prompted to include the full first and last name spelled out for those in your immediate household who will be present and joining you on camera for the blessing.
How to Access the Blessing Line Hosted on Zoom - Friday, 23rd July
– First, log in to your Eventbrite account at eventbrite.com/signin
– If you do not have an Eventbrite account you can create one. You can also choose to login to Eventbrite using Facebook or Google.
– Once you are on the Evenbrite event page – click the Join Now button for your chosen Blessing Line Session time (note that if the fellowship has not yet started this button will be greyed out).
– Click Allow and you will be added to the Blessing Line Zoom window.
If you have trouble, try these tips:
– Ensure you are logged in to your Eventbrite account in order to access the Zoom window
– If you do not have an Eventbrite account and don’t wish to create on, you can log in to Eventbrite using Facebook of Google when prompted. Ensure that your email address for those accounts matches the email address you used to register.
– Use a different web browser
– Ensure you have the Zoom app installed on your device
Guru Daxinā & Love Offerings
Full moon blessings from a highly realized spiritual master on the day of Guru Purnimā are hailed to be of immense spiritual significance. Over the years many of you have experienced the profound blessings and bliss during our in-person blessing line by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. As is the tradition on Guru Purnimā, many devotees make voluntary love offerings of fruits, flowers and/or donations in honour of this auspicious occasion.
This year we will be facilitating Guru Purnima blessings on 23rd July by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda via two-way video on Zoom. This format will blend a traditional livestream with Zoom (Zoom link will be accessed through your Eventbrite account) so His Holiness will be able to see all participants and offer His blessings to you and your families on this special occasion.
As we will not be gathering in-person we wanted to take a moment to share the various ways in which you can participate in this time-honored tradition remotely. The donations generously given by many of you will be offered to the Lineage of God and Guru at the Hansavedas Meditation Altar.
– Include your Guru Daxinā or donation at the time of registration
– Send cards, notes and donations by check to: Self Enquiry Life Fellowship, PO Box 30627, Santa Barbara, CA 93130
– Donate on the day of Guru Purnimā via the donation link on the livestream page
– Send a Guru Purnimā message to His Holiness online. A link on the Guru Purnimā webpage will be provided. You are welcome to submit a letter of spiritual inquiry, request initiation or express gratitude in your own words.
– Submit a digital photograph of your love offerings of fruits, flowers, sattwic food items, cards, or notes made to your home altar by photographing them on your digital device and emailing the photo to [email protected] They will be lovingly featured on the Guru Purnimā webpage. Kindly send your photos no later than Monday, 19th July.
We would like new devotees to be aware of this time-honored tradition so that you feel informed ahead of time. Blessings will be conferred unconditionally to all participants.
Accessing the Guru Purnimā Webpage
Our Guru Purnimā Webpage will be live no later than Wednesday, 21st July. Registrants will receive an email with the access details. Please be mindful about not making any typos in your email address when registering – this will ensure that you receive the login details.
Our livestream fellowship on Saturday & Sunday, 24th & 25th July will be hosted on this webpage. Simply login to the webpage to view the livestream each day.
You will find the following items on this Retreat webpage:
– Live video stream for Saturday & Sunday
– Retreat schedule
– FAQ & troubleshooting guidelines
– Full Moon guided meditation recording
– Resources to supplement the Retreat teachings
– Videos, photographs and other elements related to Guru Purnimā
Accessing the Recordings
After the weekend retreat streams live, we will work diligently to make the recordings available to all participants. We expect that this may take up to two weeks, but possibly more in case of technical challenges. Once the recordings are live we will email all participants with the access details. Access to the recordings will be granted to all registrants for one month from the date they are posted. Recordings of the blessing lines from 23rd July will not be posted.
Cancellation & Refund Policy - Online Event
In order to receive a refund, please notify Self Enquiry Life Fellowship’s main office either by email at [email protected] or by phone at 909-543-6003. No refunds or credits toward registration amount will be offered if you cancel within 3 days of the start date of the event, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason.
Registration Amount Refunds
Full refunds are available if your cancellation request is received at least 3 days prior to the event start date. No refunds or credits toward registration amount will be offered if you cancel within 2 days of the start date of the event, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason.
Cancellation by the Organizer
Self Enquiry Life Fellowship reserves the right to cancel any event at any time. In the instance an event is cancelled, registrants will be notified and offered the option of receiving a refund or credit toward a future event. While Self Enquiry Life Fellowship never anticipates cancelling an event, due to unforeseeable circumstances some events may be canceled.