Join our Hansavedas Sangha online for the annual retreat centred on the auspicious full moon day of Guru Purnimā, which is celebrated as the birthday of Sage Vyasa Rishi. Prepare for a blissful experience with sublime chanting, celestial music, special message from His Holiness Swami Sharadananda, and immensely powerful Guru Purnimā blessings by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda on behalf of his spiritual lineages. Embrace the full moon energy and imbibe the vibration of this divine fellowship.
You and your family can share in a loving experience and connect with our meditation and mindfulness community to nurture your spiritual yearning. Salient features of the Online Retreat include:
– Guru Purnimā Darshan & Blessing
– Sublime chanting by Vedacharyas from India
– Message from His Holiness Swami Sharadananada
– Musical performance by renowned maestros, Jayanthi Kumaresh (vina) & Kumaresh Rajagopalan (violin) from Bangalore
– Storytelling by Sage Vyasa and stories on Bhagavad dharma by Swami Vidyadhishananda
– Devotional chanting by renowned singer, Sangita Gosain
– Temple altar sacrament from India that will be mailed to your home
– Presentations by devotees and singers
– Music performances by children and youth
– Full moon meditation on the eve of the penumbral lunar eclipse
The annual celebration of Guru Purnimā is an immensely rich Vedic tradition to honour the lineages of teachers. This gathering is a time-honoured traditional fellowship where devotees make offerings (such as love donation) from their hearts and the choicest blessings are bestowed by the lineage of spiritual masters.
Each participant will receive a special Temple Altar sacrament from His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. We will mail sacraments to the address listed on your registration. Sacraments will be mailed following Guru Purnimā and should be received by mail within 2 weeks.
Program Schedule (all times listed are Pacific Time)
Saturday, 4th July
10:00 am – 11:45 am – Opening Ceremony, Devotional Chanting & Guru Vandana Singing
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Guru Purnimā Chanting, Message & Blessings
6:00 pm – 7:15 pm – Musical Performance by Jayanthi Kumaresh & Kumaresh Rajagopalan followed by a message on dharma on behalf of Sage Vyasa Rishi by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Full Moon Guided Meditation by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
Sunday, 5th July
9:00 am – 10:00 am – Pranayama & Yoga-vinyasa with Sister Girija
10:30 am – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Discourse & Chanting by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Closing Fellowship, Discourse & Chanting by HH Swami Vidyadhishananda
Children & Teens
We encourage and welcome your children to attend. Some of the discourse sessions may be difficult for young children, while other sessions will be appropriate for all ages. Refer to the schedule for details.
Accessing the Livestream
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with the link and password necessary to view the livestream retreat sessions. Please be mindful about not making any typos in your email address when registering – this will ensure that you receive the confirmation email with the login details.
We invite you to forward this registration link to your friends and family who would be interested in registering. New participants are welcome to register via the link above to receive the log-in details. If you have difficulties viewing please refer to the troubleshooting notes that will be sent by email as part of your registration confirmation.
Accessing the Recordings
After the weekend retreat streams live, we will work to make the recordings available to all participants. We expect that this may take up to 10 days, but possibly more. Once the recordings are live we will email all participants with the access details. Access to the recordings will be granted to all registrants for one month from the date they are posted.
Guru Daxinā & Love Offerings
This is the first year we will be offering our annual Guru Purnimā Retreat online, rather than in-person. Full moon blessings from a highly realized spiritual master on the day of Guru Purnimā are hailed to be of immense spiritual significance. Over the years many of you have experienced the profound blessings and bliss during our in-person blessing line by His Holiness Swami Vidyadhishananda. As is the tradition on Guru Purnimā, many devotees make voluntary love offerings of fruits, flowers and/or donations in honour of this auspicious occasion.
As we will not be gathering in-person we wanted to take a moment to share the various ways in which you can participate in this time-honored tradition remotely. The donations generously given by many of you will be offered to the Lineage of God and Guru at the Hansavedas Meditation Altar.
1. Include your Guru Daxinā or donation at the time of registration
2. Send cards, notes and donations by check to:
Self Enquiry Life Fellowship
PO Box 30627, Santa Barbara, CA 93130
3. Donate on the day of Guru Purnimā via the donation link on the livestream page
4. Send a Guru Purnimā message to His Holiness online. A link on the livestream page will be provided. You are welcome to submit a letter of spiritual inquiry, request initiation or express gratitude in your own words.
5. Submit a digital photograph of your love offerings of fruits, flowers, sattwic food items, cards, or notes made to your home altar by photographing them on your digital device and emailing the photo to [email protected] They will be lovingly featured during the Guru Purnimā broadcasts and as part of a collage on the Guru Purnimā livestream page. Kindly send your photos no later than Wednesday, 1st July so we can be sure to include them during the broadcast.
We would like new devotees to be aware of this time-honored tradition so that you feel informed ahead of time. Blessings will be conferred unconditionally to all participants.